Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Getting Started

My first blog I am writting should be important, right? Something dramatic or over the top?! I'm afraid writting is not my strongsuit, but I think I can put down a few thoughts and ideas. So to start, a very good friend of mine has challenged me with the idea of finding what love is. And you know what? I love that idea! What is love? So many people seem to find it, but what is it?



So far, I have found love to be the very definition of 1 Corinthians 13. Don't have a Bible on hand? Well, it says starting in verse four, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." This is also known as the "Love Chapter." Something else I have found is that their are three types of love. But I will get into that a little more next time.



For now, start thinking if your realationship, or past realationship, or present, does it have this love in it? If your love isn't matching up, maybe it's not true. How can you use this in your everyday life and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment