Friday, November 13, 2009

New Life... new bird

Yesterday was a very special day in my life, and someone very special to me as well. On November 12, 2008, Sam got saved!! Yesterday was his one year birthday! He celebrated, praised God and ate cake. :) This morning he challenged our school with words that I can never forget. Sam said, " The scary thing is on November 11, 2008, if I had ided I would have gone to hell!!" He went on to challenge us that if we are good people, that doesn't neccesarily mean we have God in our lives. He sang a beautiful song about God being in his life. It is called " And now my lifesong sings to You" by Casting Crowns. I was challenged, I was impressed, and I was ready to keep living for God.

So, what does this have to do with birds? Welllllll,,, when I was very sad, and not able to sleep a few weeks a ago, I imagined myself as a bird in the sky. Free, simple, at peace... I find myself doing this when I need to get away from the world. I just sore! It's a pretty amazing feeling! I feel so close to God. Birds are mentioned in the Bible alot! Especially eagles for some reason. God created them special. In Isaiah 40:31 It says, "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. This is a very peacful verse. It just makes me want that freedom.

I challenge you today, to soar like an eagle on God's wings, to share His message with others, to find Him! I hope that this week you see Him in ways you never thought you could. And I hope if you get a minute of free time, you listen to "And now my lifesong sings to You" and remember Sam, and His love for God. But most of all, I hope you find your love for God, and your passion for Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment